Yes it’s been a while. Over the past 20 years the Koko’s have been extremely busy with all kinds of other musical projects, but when the pandemic struck early 2020, they finally found time to finish and come up with some brand new Trio Koko tracks. On ‘Taruko’ the band again dives into a whirlpool of instrumental music. The bands mission didn’t change over the years: Roots ‘n bluesy exotic surfy space stuff on bass, drums, guitars and an occasional crappy organ. That, in a nutshell, is what the Dutch band Trio Koko is still about. Bassplayer Ton van der Kolk produced the album and mixed it with Edwin in ‘t Veld. Last mentioned is also responsible for mastering the album.
‘Taruko I’ implies there’s more to come and that’s correct. Next year, somewhere in 2022, Trio Koko will release ‘Taruko II’ as a digital album as well. After that, After that, a fine selection of the tracks from both albums will be released on vinyl.
All releases will be out on Sheephead Records and be available on the main streaming platforms such as Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, YouTube, Bandcamp, Apple Music and many others. See the linktree below for more details.
- Ron ‘Parelvet’ Smith – guitars, mandoline, lapsteel
- Ton van der Kolk – bass, guitars, keys, percussion, vocals, mixing & production
- Timothy ‘Phil Martin’ van der Holst – drums, vibes & percussion
Guest & more
- Maarten Teekens – additional vocals
- Govert van der Kolm – additional hammond
- Edwin in ’t Veld – mixing & mastering
- Kim Peters (FunkFabriek) – artwork
If you prefer a Bandcamp purchase, be our guest.